Candle Safety and Burning Tips
- As with all candles they may pose a fire hazard if the candle is used improperly.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Place on sturdy structure that has a heat-resistant surface away from any flammable sources or any type draft.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children, pets or unsafe situations.
- To prevent any damage to persons, pets or surface discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains
- To protect table surfaces from absorbing candle color, always use a holder.
- To prevent candles from boring a hole down the middle, burn candles for at least one hour for each inch in diameter. For example burn a 3-inch candle at least 3 hours
- Candlewicks should be trimmed to 1/4 inch to prevent smoking.
- Even "non drip candles" may drip under certain circumstances, ie., being placed in a drafty area. If candle appears ready to drip, extinguish candle and allow to cool for approximately one half hour before re-lighting.
- If candle drips try moving to another location or check air movement that may be causing a draft.
*Place the candle in an area free from drafts. The first time you light the candle, allow it to burn until the liquid wax covers the entire top of the candle. This breaking in process insures that it will perform better and more evenly throughout the life of the candle. For pillars, plan on burning 5-6 hours on the initial lighting. With subsequent use, the candle should remain lit for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours each time. This will insure a clean and efficient burning cycle for the life of the candle.
*To extinguish a candle, dip the wick into the liquid wax, using a non-flammable instrument. This little known technique eliminates smoking
*The wick is designed to produce a small black carbon cap at the top of the wick as it burns. This is normal as it helps radiate heat to the edge of the candle. You should not trim the wick nor touch it while it is cold! After extinguishing the flame, it is best to remove carbon deposits or other foreign materials from the liquid wax when possible.
*Should your candle burn unevenly due to a draft consider this. Carefully push the wick towards the higher side. If this causes dripping, extinguish the flame, let it cool for an hour, then relight the candle. Repeat this practice a few times and the candle will repair itself.
*To regain the color and luster of the non textured candle, buff with a soft cotton cloth or an old nylon to remove dust and small scratches. This process revitalizes the candle's sheen. The heat from the candle burning tends to dull the finish but it can easily be regained with this simple maintenance tip.
Buy Candles Online
Wedding Candles | Wedding Candle Sets | Pillar Candles for Decorations
Candle Wedding Favors | Votive Candles | Reciprocal Links | Link to Us